Monday 7 May 2012

Sewing Machine Cover

I attended a Helen Howes workshop where we did her summer banner. I made 5 blocks but knew that I would not put them together to make a banner. I decided to add to them and make a sewing machine cover. I wanted to demonstrate different skills in many of the blocks.  I did repeat some that I liked from Helen's workshop





There is no right side as I wanted to showcase different work all the time. The blocks include fabric couching; appliqué; chenille, trapunto; foundation piecing  to name a few.




 The top was mostly made at a Jenny Rayment workshop - Suduko with Texture. Once more I added more blocks and decided that this would make a great top for my cover




This achieved a second rosette at the village show in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment