Thursday 10 April 2014

Squared squares

I have been commissioned to make a quilt top. The fabric selection is a rich array of tonal fabrics which are so gorgeous.

I have decided (after consultation) with my client to make a square in a square quilt, quick easy and adorable!


Finished quit size 40’ by 50’
Basic instructions:

Finished block size 5 ½ by 5 ½ (total number of blocks = 80) Cut 1 ½ ‘ strips from all fabrics. For each block you must cut the following from the 1 ½ ‘ strips:
Central square 1 ½  ‘ square – cut 1
Middle frame 1 ½ by 1 ½ - cut 2
                          3 ½ by 1 ½ - cut 2
Outer frame 3 ½ by 1 ½ - cut 2
                       5 ½ by 1 ½ - cut 2


Assembly diagram.

In the next row the blocks will alternate with the previous row thus meaning that there are no seams to match.





All taken in the garden, and not a chicken in sight!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning use of colour, your quilt looks amazing. How can you part with such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was given the fabric specifically to make this. Out of the 3 I have made for the client this is my favourite.

      Delete