The first ones I made used Cat in the Hat fabric. This is probably around 2005/2006, when the fabric in the UK was very hard to come by, and I stumbled upon a scrap pack at your local fabric warehouse.
I added red and black and then wrote in chalk on the back Cat in the Hat. This was then quilted using thick white thread, and looked very effective.
Once No 1 son's cushion had been totally worn out I made another (any excuse), and I wanted to practice some curved piecing. This was a little trickier than when I pieced the apple core quilt. I used 5 fabrics and stacked them on top of each other, all facing upward. Then I free hand rotary cut wobbly lines. Taking one strip from each fabric I pieced these together and then joined four blocks to make the front centre block. Borders were then added
The top was free motion quilted, but I did add a lizard outline. This was achieved by drawing a lizard onto freezer paper, cutting it out, and gently pressing this into position on the finished back of the front of the cushion. I then carefully sewed around the lizard producing a wonderful effect using YLI Candlelight thread in the bobbin.
To compliment this I appliquéd a lizard on to the back of the cushion.