Monday 7 May 2012

Dinosaurs!

This quilt started as a pattern that I bought. However it soon developed, and most of the designs are hand drawn by H.  I made it for my eldest son who loved dinosaurs and could name them all.



This was the first appliqué that I did and I loved fitting all the blocks together. It is well loved and used daily.

As the quilt progressed, so did the designs. Some are more intricate but this demonstrates how my mastering of satin stitch and confidence in my ability grew. Also  when I first started I had very little fabric (hard to believe now!), so as I worked on blocks I started to gather more fabrics. However some of the fabrics in this quilt do have sentimental value. The block below is made from what was left from a reversible romper suit I made for this son.











No comments:

Post a Comment