Sunday 10 April 2016

Patchwork Upholstery

I bought this sofa  before our conservatory was finished, it comes with a story about delivery but I shall not go into that just now.  It's a Multiyork sofa and purchased from a big auction site. I always intended to cover it and was delighted to see that it had fully removable covers, However, I was not brave enough to take this apart and make a pattern.

So when a friend started giving me scraps of fabric from her curtain making business I kept a few. The stash grew and I soon had enough to cover the sofa. I made loose covers, one for the back and one for the seat. I used my overlocker and just sewed pieces together.  Once a few were together to make a bigger piece I laid this against the sofa and made a pattern pretty much freehand. It has worked really well, and as you can see Indie like it too!

Part one: the back

 Part two: the whole thing 




No comments:

Post a Comment