Saturday, 28 April 2012

Tallulah the Pincushion

I wanted to make a pincushion with a picture of an Airedale on it - and here it is.  The main body of the pincushion is made from hand dyed wool felt, with Tallulah made from solid coloured felt. Tallulah is appliquéd  using blanket stitch, all stitching is by hand. 

As the pincushion had deep sides I decided to decorate the sides with appliquéd felt flowers.

I made a separate cushion pad for the interior which I stuffed with sawdust. I have not used sawdust to fill pincushions before, so it will be interesting to see how it performs.

Just out of interest here is Tallulah.

No comments:

Post a Comment